I would have to say that my personality would be considered very unique. I’m the person that gets along with everyone. My personality of being outgoing and extraverted helps me make new friends and get along with all types of people. I’m that strange kid in the store that shouts out random things with my friends or does strange things or gets beat up by my dad (playing around beatings..haha). Another personality that I have is that I am a very funny person. I consider myself the comedian; I am always the first one to say something completely off topic or something that makes everyone laugh. I’m good at doing impersonations and I like to make people laugh. I’m not usually the emotional type of person; I prefer to make serious situations lighthearted instead of serious. I think it lightens the mood, making it more comfortable for some people. I know sometimes I can get annoy when I break a tense situation with something funny, but usually the mood changes. I also tend to be the person that likes to get on people’s cases. I like to make arguments among friends and other people because I generally like to see how people react in situations and getting into arguments can be fun sometimes with friends. I can also be very forgiving, when I took that big 5 quiz it said I was neither agreeable nor very forgiving, I was exactly in the middle. I found that a little bit strange knowing that I like to get on people nerves and see what happens. I do this a lot with my parents. I like to push the boundaries, some would say. A personality trait that I really didn’t know was a personality trait was being disorganized. I find this a bad trait to have because being disorganized causes me to procrastinate. If I can’t find something I will push it off until I do find it. I think it is a bad trait to have if it is extremely bad and in my case it is pretty serious. I usually have a hard time finding things I need when they are needed. I am very disorganized and have a very messy room at times and this makes it hard for me to stay focused on a project if I don’t have all the materials. Another personality trait that I think I posses is confidence; over the years I have grown confidence because the experiences I have. Confidence helps me as a leader of a group or organization. Being part of Cheerleading helped me become better at leadership and teamwork. Also being apart of Forensics made it easy to do presentations. Being in things like plays and musicals has boosted confidence making me dependable and a leader. I would say another bad personality trait I have is being impatient. Sometimes I get antsy and it makes it hard for me to wait to get things done. I want to get started and not listen to tons of lectures. Another negative trait would be tempered. Sometimes at home I get very frustrated and will get angry with my parents or my sibling for no reason. I tend to be very moody in that sense of home life.
I would say that I am very optimistic to say the least. I generally have a good outlook on life, but occasionally I have those days where it just seems that everyone is against me and nothing is going right. Then I am more pessimistic about how things are and get upset about what’s going on. I think I am able to pick the situation in which to be optimistic or pessimistic. I think this has influenced my life because it I was only optimistic I would miss all the things that are bad and would just blow them off like they are no big deal, because I’m happy with the way things are. I also think that if I were only pessimistic I would miss out a lot on life and the fun things being able to have fun. I usually can be pretty pessimistic about school when things aren’t’ going right or I have a bad day. Like recently for instance I was up till 3 in the morning last night and still had a lot if homework done, making my day today not enjoyable. I have a pessimistic outlook right now because I don’t think things will get better. Another example of me being pessimistic is when I am at work. Some day I have a really bad day or work was really busy and I don’t want to come back and I think work sucks. Optimistic is when I look forward to going to school because I know what I’m doing and I’m enjoying what we are learning about. Another way I am optimistic is when I look forward to the weekends and relaxing or spending time with family or sleeping.
I think one of the traits that change is being extraverted. Sometimes when I am in a new surrounding that I don’t know at all I seem to be a little less aggressive with my speech and the way I act. When I am with friends I am crazy and outgoing and I act crazy when we are hanging out in Marshfield or at the malls. When I am at a new place or organization I tend to be more laid back and shy. I think it helps me stay calm and helps me to stay out of trouble or saying something that I shouldn’t that could get me in trouble. Another trait that changes is disorganized. It’s hard to believe that me being such an unorganized person I can be really organized. This tends to happen when I am packing or going on a trip. I am a big list maker of things I have to do and things that I need to pack. I am really strange that way. My homework can be in shambles, but when it comes to me getting ready for something I like to be organized. Like last night because I went to bed at 3 in the morning I figured I would oversleep so I got all of my books together, my clothes out, and all the stuff I needed so I could walk out the door right away. This helped because I did over sleep, but I was prepared when I woke up to get ready.
One of the defense mechanisms I have used was repression. Repression is the blocking of threatening memories into our unconscious mind. I have used repression with a lot of things like pushing things off because I don’t want to admit to myself that they are a problem or that I need to change. I also use it to keep myself from doing something that I really don’t want to do. I used repression when I was 9 when I broke my leg. I used repression to push away those feelings and what happened into my unconscious mind so that I don’t have to remember what happened. I can recall to some extent what happened, but I don’t remember the whole scenario on what happened. I remember using displacement when I was little when my parents would yell at more or if I would get grounded for doing something. Displacement is discharging unwanted emotions or feelings out in a less dangerous way than what we would do. I used displacement to help relieve that stress and anger. I would scream into a pillow or punch my pillow sometimes I would throw things around in my room making a mess. Denial is refusing to admit something that is unpleasant. I think everyone uses denial all the time. We use it to tell ourselves what we are doing is okay. We don’t want to admit to ourselves that we have a problem I don’t like admitting to myself that I have a weight problem and when my parents bring it up a get defensive and don’t want to talk about it and tell them that it’s not that big of a deal, but it is. I use denial to make the problem go away in my mind and how I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree with everyone with being in denial sometimes. I hate when parents say oh you could be skinner and you'd be so pretty. Or worst is when people tell you to watch what you eat and how much when they eat more than you. Forgetting the weight issue can be considered repression.
ReplyDelete